The route for the Rise Above Cancer Convoy 2018 this Sunday is the same as the last 2 years, the Bikes leave the Beard Industrial Estate at 10am, and the trucks leave soon after, generally it takes around 2.5 hours for all the bikes and trucks to make their way into EPIC so please have patience if you get caught up in our Convoy on Sunday.
- Start: Beard Industrial Estate (just near Queanbeyan),
- Out to Canberra Ave,
- Turn left onto Hindmarsh Dr,
- Then right onto the Monaro Highway,
- Left off Monaro Highway onto Moreshead Dr,
- Onto Parkes Way,
- Left up onto the GDE,
- Over the Barton Highway Bridge,
- Right into Sandford St Mitchell,
- Right onto Flemington Rd and left into Exhibition Park in Canberra.
That’s it, plenty of places to watch and lots of parking at Epic off Wells Station Drive (Gate 7). See you Sunday.
Some info from our sponsors at EPIC
For anyone travelling to the Rise Above Cancer Convoy at Exhibition Park, here’s a list of the different ways to get here:
- Action Buses will be stopping at the EPIC bus stop on Sunday 8th April from 9:30am to 3:30pm ONLY.
The bus stop is at the Main Gate to EPIC on Flemington
- For anyone catching the family bus, please make your way to the EPIC Gate at Old Wells Station Rd, to catch the bus that will join the convoy
- If you are driving from the city, please continue along Northbourne Ave and turn left into Old Wells Station Rd, enter through the EPIC Gate to the car park
- If you are travelling from Majura/ Goulburn, please turn right into Old Wells Station Rd, enter through the EPIC Gate to the car park
- If you are travelling from Gungahlin, please turn left into EPIC from Flemington Rd, then left again and drive to the top of the Park and park in the Famers Markets car park
- For disabled patrons, accessible parking spaces are located at the back of the Grandstand just outside the EPIC Arena
We look forward to seeing you there!